Tuesday, June 16, 2009

How We're Doing So Far

Pretty good, I must say. We've had our struggles with some sickness--stomach issues (to be expected) and cold/sinus trouble, but we seem to be recovered or almost recovered. Glad that's behind us.

I went today for the first time by myself (well, Nicole was with me, but that doesn't count :) to the market across the street. It's in the back of a village. I bought some chicken--interesting experience--and a bunch of veggies/fruit. I love buying the veggies. It's like a big farmer's market. Fun. And everything looks so good and fresh. The chicken is fresh too, I mean like just killed a few minutes before. Yikes! But I forged ahead and bought some chicken breasts and a whole chicken, with head and feet intact. Yeah! But that's not freaking me out so much anymore. I put the pictures on Flickr.

Now we are just waiting for Keith to come back with Chinese take-out. We decided that Tues. are take-out night because I will be getting back from school on that night around 5 pm. (School begins June 29th.) Take-out is insanely cheap here. We got take-out last week. We got 3 meat dishes and 2 veg. dishes and it all cost about 8 dollars! Crazy, I know. And it is sooo very good.

Well, it looks like the kids spotted Keith downstairs. So, off to eat!

1 comment:

Laci said...

So great to keep up with y'all. I looked at the pics and I'm super impressed by the kids chopsticks skills...already!!! Did they practice before you got there? Thanks for the updates. :)