Monday, May 12, 2008

A Memorable Mother's Day

I had a very interesting (and might I say a bit horrible) Mother's day. Saturday evening my mother took me (Jaime) to the emergency room with horrible abdominal pains. A few hours and an ultrasound later, they found that I had large stones in my gall bladder. They told me I had to have my gall bladder taken out the next morning. By the way, if you have some great information about how you shouldn't have your gall bladder taken out--please keep it to yourself. :) So, on Mother's Day morning, I had surgery to take out my gall bladder. Ouch! I had never had surgery before, and I really struggled with whether I had made the right decision, but all that's over with now.

So, I am home and resting a lot, and Keith is doing a great job taking care of everything. The kids are helping out a lot. I think we're gonna make it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If anyone says you shouldn't get your gallbladder taken out, they haven't ever had gallstones! AND it isn't like the stones just go away by themselves!! :)