Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cake Decorating--Buttercream Roses

I'm finally posting pictures of my buttercream roses. I thought they came out pretty good, but still need lots of practice. Oh, and just wanted to add that we don't eat all this cake decorating stuff. OK, we did eat the cupcakes and the clown cake, but not all the practice icing I make. And I haven't made a cake since that clown cake. Just wanted everyone to know that we are not eating a bunch of junk. Just making it and throwing it away. :) So, here are my roses:




I really liked the multi-colored flowers. What happened was I made a bunch of different color icings, and since I was just practicing, I dumped it all into one container. So, I ended up just adding all the colors into my decorating bag, and that's what came out. Cool, huh?

Some of the flowers came out with rigged petals. I guess cause I put too much air into the icing when I made it? Mamaw M., a little help, please?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I really love the colorful flat ones!

Kristi said...

Good job! And why DON'T you eat the icing??? (jk, I'm on a diet!)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Really pretty!!! I was wondering how you made the mulitcolored ones.. Then I kept reading.. =)