Sunday, February 1, 2009

Back from the West

We just got back from a really busy week traveling. We had 5 meetings all west of here. Last Saturday we traveled over 10 hours to go to meetings in Odessa and Midland. Talk about a long drive! But the meetings were great and we met some wonderful people. It was our first time there, also. Not much to see, though. Just dead grass and small bushes. :) We calculated, though, that out of the three days we were there, we spent one whole day on the road!

Then after being home for only two days we took off for San An-tone! I love San Antonio. I think it's a really cool place to visit. We had a meeting Thursday night and Friday night. Both were enjoyable, and I spoke for the first time on Friday night. I was really nervous, but I enjoyed it.

Then on Saturday we traveled to Boerne. Another place we had never been, and we really like it. It's a very "touristy" town. Pretty. We stayed at a really neat hotel called the Ye Kendall Inn. It's over 150 yrs. old and we learned that Robert E. Lee stayed there.

So we are back home today. We actually get to stay home for the next two weeks since our meetings this weekend are in the area. As much as we enjoy traveling and meeting new people, it's really nice when we get to stay home.

2 comments:

Laci said...

OH, I so know what you mean about staying home!!! We have 2 more services (out of state) next week...then we're D-O-N-E!!! And we're oh so thankful! How far along are y'all now?

Kristi said...

Oh, I bet you guys are sleeping hard since coming back from all that traveling! I get SO tired when we travel.

I can't imagine what's gonna happen when we get back from the crawfish boil at Uncle Mark's!