Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Baking Day

Yeah!! We got a new camera! I'd take a picture of it, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

So, here is my baking day in pictures. I started out this morning making homemade granola.


It came out really good. The last time I made it, it didn't come out that crunchy, so it didn't all get eaten. But everyone sampled the granola from today, and it's official: it's good!

I got a new mixer yesterday. It's really a kitchen system, as it's a mixer and blender together and you can even get a food processor for it. It's really powerful and can hold something like 12 lbs. of bread dough at a time. Which makes 6 loaves. Not bad. I'll definitely be bringing this to Northern Asia with us. So, I made a bunch of bread. I only have 4 bread pans, so I made 4 loaves, and then with the leftover dough I made a pan of cinnamon rolls. Yum! The bread came out really nice and light, and the rolls were delicious! Yep, I'm lovin' the new mixer.

I don't know what happened to the bread, though. They sort of mushroomed. Guess I let them rise too long.


Yummy cinnamon rolls. And all dressed up--with half a pan already gone.


So after all the sampling, no one's even remotely hungry, so looks like we'll all have a bowl of granola and a slice of homemade bread for dinner. Doesn't sound too bad, huh?

3 comments:

Robin said...

wow! impressive!

Anonymous said...

Boy those cinnamon rolls look delicious!!

Health at Home said...

Joshua is asking me if I can get your recipes. :-) Your bread looks delicious. I'm feeling so inspired to pull my stuff out and get baking!!Bless you, girl.