Thursday, February 21, 2008

Just A Little Update

We've been spring-cleaning the house this week. It's so nice to have an uncluttered house. We're going to go ahead and have a garage sale this Saturday to get rid of all the extra junk. Hopefully make a few bucks, too. :)

Keith is leaving tonight for San Antonio for a meeting. Just wasn't worth it for the whole family to go. I'm trying to keep the kids home for a while to give them a break. We're going to the Victoria area this weekend, so I didn't see the need to go somewhere tonight.

Our monthly "donations" are slowly coming in. We're over 30% now. Somewhere around 32%, I think. We still have our goal to reach Northern Asia by the fall.

Nicole's birthday is next week. Can't believe my little girl is going to be 10! She is so excited. I think she's even posted about it. She's been saving all the money she receives for something special. She's already decided on her birthday dinner. We don't do big birthday parties here, just a small family party. I let them pick their favorite dinner or whatever they want, bake them a cake, put up a few decorations, and have a couple presents. We really like it this way. It's a lot less stress and less money. So, anyway, Nicole has picked homemade egg rolls and fried rice. Fitting, don't you think? And then I'll bake her a cake. She can't decide if she wants chocolate or strawberry. I'm hoping for strawberry as I have a new recipe to try out. We bought a new digital camera online, so it should be here next week in time to take birthday pictures.

Well, I guess that is it...so much for a "little" update.

No comments: